Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Cannot Resist This One...

So BF mentions- WITH NO PROVOCATION ON MY PART- that he wouldn't mind watching Twilight.

WHAT?!

Here's what went down:

We're driving into Portland last night because BF bought us tickets to see The Builders and the Butchers/Manchester Orchestra/Brand New last night at the Roseland. I don't really remember much of the conversation because it was the small talk stuff (how was your day, what new and crazy stuff did the kinders ask you today, etc.)

I said something like, " I know you don't care, but I'm super excited that the New Moon soundtrack is coming out next week... I'm going to buy it."

Blank stare.

"You know... New Moon... the sequel to Twilight?"

A look of recognition, "Ah, yeah. You would be excited." Joking smile in my direction.

"Yeah I know. Whatever. But I'm excited because it's got REALLY good music on it."

"I wouldn't mind watching Twilight...." he says, half under his breath.

(Here's where it took me like 20 seconds to catch up with what BF just said)
"What? You actually would watch Twilight?! I mean, voluntarily? You know you're going to think it's lame and super cheesy, right?"

"Oh, yeah I'm EXPECTING it to be lame... but I would watch it."


So, of course, that's what we are going to do.

I also feel like I need to put a little disclaimer on here so I don't feel so freaking lame.

I am not a 13 year old girl that is obsessed with the books/movies/actors/etc. I read the books before there was any movie. I liked the story (plots and general ideas were good) and a new take on vampire lore. Stop judging me because I know you like the books and movie too.

No comments: