Sunday, October 11, 2009

Urban Hiking (Look Ma, I'm on the Interwebs!)

We went "hiking" this weekend (and by we I mean the BF and I... yes we are "official" now) and I use the term hiking loosely. Mostly it was a pretty nice walk on a trail over in Sellwood. I wore Converse... clearly not walking along difficult terrain.

BF is going to school for teaching (elementary education) and is doing his student teaching at a school over in that area, so he wanted to see the neighborhood and walk along this pretty sweet trail as well since the weather was FABULOUS over the weekend. BF also likes being mentioned in the bloggie (hence the title).

Anyhow, so we walked and talked and saw the following on our urban hiking adventure:

1. 2 fuzzy caterpillars.
2. 1 live snake
3. 2 huge spiders in webs... one was eating a recent catch.
4. a gaggle of urban hipsters, complete with emotional poet dictating his latest works to an eager girlfriend with dye-black hair and skinny jeans that haven't been washed in a month.
5. urban hipster wannabe photographers getting close ups of aforementioned insects.
6. the elusive old, stoned, long-haired biker dudes dressed in riding chaps and classic rock t's.
7. Mural of birds on the back side of a crematorium.

I should have taken more pictures. I ALWAYS say that... and it's always true.


In other news, I'm still waiting to see if I can get my car fixed. It's more of a question of if the warranty will cover the repairs or not. If so, I will get it fixed this week and be on my way with beloved Subaru. If not, I will be selling her for parts (since she has betrayed me) and will start searching for an uber cheap replacement car to get me through until I can get what I want. This totally sucks. If you like me at all (even a little bit) keep your fingers crossed that the silly warranty I have covers this. My stress levels are a little off the charts because of this.

No comments: