Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Micro Pigs


I WANT ONE.


Period.


When I was about 4 I went to a Fourth of July party and my pediatrician was there. I had been told that he had a very special pet. He happened to have a pet pot bellied pig. I fell in love.


My parents consequently bought me a HUGE stuffed animal pig that I named "Arnold" in Green Acres fashion. Arnold was my "guard pig" and "slept" on the outward facing side of my bed to protect me from any boogey monsters that might come looking for me in the night. I think he is in a large box somewhere still.


Yesterday I heard about Micro Pigs. OMG.
I was listening to my favorite radio station when they started talking about the latest pet craze in Europe. I thought to myself, "Oh great, another ugly mutt dog breed has been created." And then they started talking about miniature pigs.
I know... you are thinking, "Pigs are kinda gross."
But really, pigs are VERY CLEAN and EXTREMELY SMART and they don't have fur (for you allergy prone folks akin to myself).
And these are MICRO PIGS. MICRO. Meaning MINI.
I LOVE small things.

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I think these are adorable! I am allergic to most stuff and so it's been frustrating trying to find a pet that I can live with and love. I'm also very OCD clean, so the cleaner the better. I actually saw a pig in someone's yard today while going to garage sales near Century. I did a double take because it was a really cute neighborhood with nicely landscaped yards and all of the sudden...A PIG! Love it!

Heather said...

I know! They don't get very big, only the size of a small lap dog and they eat table scraps, etc. I've been reading all about them and I think I might actually want one. They say that they are very well behaved, you can leash train them, and they don't need a huge amount of exercise (just regular walks are sufficient). I'm not really sure where you get one, though... at least in the US.