Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Curse Continues...

Warranty does NOT cover broken Subaru. So, praytell, what is the warranty good for? I'll tell you: For cars that aren't driven as much as mine. According the warranty folks, although I have a 24month coverage period (which I am still under) my car has exceeded the mileage for coverage (which was 24,000 miles from when I bought the car). I have driven 56,000 miles in less than two years, which means that I have exceeded the 24K limit. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Here's what I have to do: find an engine for my car that doesn't cost over $6000 and get that one.

In other fun news, I had my teeth filled and sealed today. I cannot feel my face and jaw and my head hurts. I'm starving since the last thing I ate was at 7am today, so I'm trying to gently chew a panini and pour apple juice into my head (my lips aren't functioning as they should making it hard to bite, chew, and also drink out of cups).

The fillings and sealings weren't bad at all because they numbed me up really good. What I didn't like was the pressure I felt inbetween my poor teeth. They used a new procedure that just came out this past month so I'm a guinea pig for my dentist. What they do is put a spacer-type thing to create space between your teeth and then insert a thin film in between the teeth than need to be sealed up. Then they inject phosphoric acid (or something like that) into the film (the film acts like a little balloon) and the acid eats away at your enamel AND totally kills bacteria, etc in the tooth. They rinse that away and then fill the little film balloon with the sealant and then cure it and VOILA! Sealed up tooth. Like I said, the worse part was them making space in between my teeth because I could feel all of the pressure.

I didn't feel the fillings at all because my two cavities weren't bad or deep, just baby ones- plus the anesthetic numbed pretty much my whole mouth/jaw/cheek area. These are the first cavities and fillings I've ever had. EVER. I guess I'm lucky like that. Now that the numbness is wearing off my teeth feel a little sore, but again, I think that's from being pushed over each time.

Good news: the sealant makes my teeth more resistant to cavities, so I just have to make sure to brush and floss regularly (like normal) and I should be good. Also, drink less soda. Apparently that's what the dentist thinks aided in the cavity creation.

More Good News: going to see Brand New tonight with the BF. It'll be nice to get out and not think about my lame car situation for a bit.

Someone win the lottery and share it with me, please? I don't even need half, or even 1/16... just make me a thousandaire and I'll be grateful.

No comments: