Thursday, August 26, 2010

Maybe DON'T Eat Random Things on the Table Unless You Are Sure of What They Are

I never did get my nap yesterday, and I probably should have given up and just napped the rest of the day anyway because it was that lame. 

After work BF made me dinner- a lovely Korean beef rib thing with brown rice and zucchini.  It was delicious and I was so thankful that he took the time to do that.  We ate pretty early so that we could go to the gym.  I was feeling like crap and totally phoned it in at the gym.  I just felt weak and terrible and did all of my arm workouts, but didn't do all of the sets and reps that I normally do.  Then I just did 30 minutes of cardio on the bike because I felt pretty queasy. 

I went home and took a shower and some ibuprofen and cuddled on the couch watching/sleeping through some stand up comedy and then went to bed thinking I was going to be sick.  UGH.  I'm pretty sure I was just fighting a migraine.

I woke up today feeling about a million times better, but I still don't really have an appetite.


Now on to the title of this post...

BF made us dinner and we sat down at the table to eat.  I should mention that we weren't at his house or my house because he is house and dog sitting for some friends while they are out of town so we were at their house.  While he was cutting up meat, I was dishing out rice and zucchini and BF popped something into his mouth.  I assumed it was a tidbit of the beef rib meat that had fallen on the table while he was cutting it up, but as I watched his face I realized it had to be something terrible.  He started chewing and then he squinted up his face and opened his mouth and reminded me of a toddler eating something they aren't fond of.  He spit whatever he was chewing out and we sort of looked at each other for a second.  I was wondering if maybe the meat was bad or something like that, but then BF cleared it up.


BF:  I thought it was a piece of the meat that fell, but it wasn't.  It was CAT FOOD!

Me:  hahahahahahaaaaaa.... hahaaahahaa

BF:  *sigh*

Me:  hahahahaa


So the lovely people BF is house sitting for have a cat and two dogs.  They keep the cat dish full of food on the dining room table at one end because the two dogs will eat the cat's food if they keep it on the floor.  Sometimes the cat is a little messy and the food kernels end up at the other end of the table.  We thought that most of them had been wiped away before we sat down for dinner. 

I couldn't stop laughing intermittently the rest of the night at BF.  An hour would go by and I would say, "Do you need a snack... there's more cat food on the table," etc.  BF is a good sport and is laughing about it now; I'm just going to be careful and make sure that no pet food is left out.

Which brings me to a question.  Have you ever tried pet food? 

When I was really young (like 1st grade or maybe a little younger), we had a puppy and my parents bought those little Milkbone dog treats to train him with.  I was curious so one day I opened the box and took a big bite out of one.  Not only was I stunned at the crunchiness of it, but I was appalled at how bland it tasted. 

A few years later my family was pet-sitting for some friends who happend to have a turtle, among many other animals.  We were to feed the turtle these brightly colored pellets along with a piece of lettuce or veggie each day.  While feeding this turtle one day my sister and I realized that the turtle food pellets smelled fruity and delicious so we each chose a little pellet and popped it in our mouths.  It wasn't bad, but those pellets did NOT taste fruity like they smelled.

So, BF, you are not alone.  I think most people, at some point, have eaten pet food... but most just do it before adulthood.  :)

No comments: