Friday, August 20, 2010

One for One... Something Super Awesome



Recently a friend of mine was sporting some super cool shoes at a get-together and I gave her a compliment on them.  She started gushing about how she'd been wanting a pair of these particular shoes for a while but was hunting down the striped canvas that she wanted.  She also explained how these particular shoes were part of a program that gives a pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair you buy... One for One.  That means that the simple shoes are a bit pricier than other similar shoes (between $44 and $55 for the basic styles), but you are basically paying for a second pair of shoes so it makes sense. 

I was impressed by this idea and looked up the shoes (click the link).  After reading about it I decided that I wanted to support the cause, but then I forgot about it because life got in the way... 

...Until the other day, while shopping at Whole Foods I saw a display of these shoes!  OH YEAH!  So I bought a pair of the red canvas ones and a pair of the ash (gray) canvas ones (not pictured).  They are super comfortable and BF calls them my "ninja shoes" because they are incredibly quiet- unlike my usual summer choice of flip-flops- and they sort of look a little like the shoes that the guys wear in the kung-fu movies

I LOVE these shoes and would reccommend them not only to support a good cause, but because they are like wearing slippers and are crazy cute.  Check out TOMS online for more information about their company, their cause and their upcoming events.


... to come next week:  Adventures in natural toiletries...

2 comments:

Courtney B said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE TOMS! i had been wanting some for awhile and got mine for my birthday! i have the red newport cordones! and I want more... hahaha.

i heard a rumor that when you buy them in a retail location that they don't do the donation thing, but i could be totally wrong because it wasn't from a reliable source :)

Heather said...

I'm not sure, I got mine from Whole Foods where they tally on a little board how many they've sold which equals how many have been donated so that's cool.

I LOVE my TOMS.