Monday, August 2, 2010

Softball and Picnics

My weekend was filled with these.


Friday night BF had a softball game so we went to that and then we planned on seeing a movie.  Planned.  But after the game BF wasn't feeling well, so we went home and watched movies on TV as he vegged on the couch.  I think he was fighting a migraine.  No fun. 

Saturday we had a picnic at Council Crest and met up with my friend G and her dog M.  It was a little chilly because it was sort of cloudy, but it warmed up and turned out to be a really nice day.  After our picnic, BF took me to the batting cages.  I have NEVER batted before in my life.  I was so nervous because I didn't want to look like a total idiot and I also didn't want to get hit!  But turns out I can actually hit a ball... I'm not awesome at it, but I'm not horrible.  Today my forearms hurt from it.

Saturday night we hung out with our friends, K2, and their dogs, O and E.  We played a little Wii and hung out and then went to Carl's Jr. for some late night eats.  I had the BEST Oreo shake ever.  It wasn't long before the food coma hit and BF and I went home to sleep off the greasy, fatty food.

Sunday morning BF and I headed to Montavilla park on the East side because BF's other softball team was in the league play offs.  They weren't really expecting to get far, but they just kept winning and winning so they ended up finishing 2nd!  The team played really well, (Go, Base Invaders!), but consequentially we spent our whole Sunday at the field.  It was nice though because it wasn't super hot out and his team is really fun.  It was also nice to eat outside and relax in the grass between games.

We were exhausted by the end of the day and I was asleep before 10:30pm which never happens. 

Because the games ran so long yesterday I didn't get to make BF a German dinner, so tonight I'm making Rinderroulade (Beef Rolls) with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans.  I'm hoping it turns out well.  Also, it's hard to find good German Cookbooks.  It was super easy to get a good Korean one... I guess German food just isn't that popular. Also, I'm sort of picky.  I like cookbooks with pictures so I can tell if I'm doing it right. 



In BF's world this week:  He's teaching at a camp all week and the premise of his class is something like they have to create their own digital world with commerce and government, etc.  Sounds kind of cool. 


Other miscellany: 

1.  My friend Matt and his wife Libby will be in Portland this coming weekend.  Matt is an old friend from Colorado.  I haven't gotten to meet his wife yet, so I'm super excited to see them!


2.  The speaker in my cell phone is all broken and lame and won't get loud enough for me to hear so I need to take the phone in and see what they can do.  They should be able to do something because I'm paying for insurance on it after the phone debacle two years ago.

3.  I'm only doing cardio this week to give myself a break from weights.  I'm a little excited about it becasue it cuts my workouts in half, but also a little sad as I mostly hate cardio.

No comments: