Monday, January 10, 2011

And Here We Go

It's Monday.  The weekend just flew by!  I just want to stay home and play with Rudy.

On the dog topic; he's getting really good with the house- training.  We rarely have accidents and usually when we do it's because we were trying to get our shoes and coats on to take him out and he just couldn't hold it long enough for us to get out the door!  I'm amazed at how quickly this dog learns things and how well behaved he is when we take him out in public.  He's discovered that cats are not that friendly to him (thanks to a trip to my parents' house) and that sticks are toys when we take walks.  He's a little bitey because he's still got some teeth coming in but so far he hasn't chewed on important stuff **knock on wood**. 

We didn't have a lot planned for the weekend, just the usual stuff (cleaning and organizing, running errands), but with my car out of commission we had to plan a lot of trips so we could get it all done with one vehicle. 

I was exhausted most of the weekend because last week was my first week eating perfectly healthy, getting on my workout schedule, training the puppy AND coming back to work from a few weeks' vacation.  That's a lot for one week!  Friday I came home and just died on the couch.  I was going to get up and clean and get laundry out of the way but that just didn't happen.  Saturday was our last indoor soccer league game so we ate some KFC for our "cheat" meal and had some gelato before we headed downtown to play.  We are the WORST team in the league, but it's still fun, and a good workout.  We had BF's parents dog-sit since we knew we'd be gone for a few hours.  I feel so OLD having to be responsible for another being and planning out my stuff around them, but it's good.  Sunday we ran our errands and played with the dog, then had dinner at my parents' house- my mom made chicken cajetore and home made foccacia bread.  It was delicious and I'm going to try my hand at the recipe soon.

On another note I've had a weirdy rash on my face since last week.  I have pretty severe allergies so rashes are nothing new to me and I have every allergy remedy on hand at all times, however I just don't know what this one came from.  I haven't eaten anything new or strange, I haven't changed any of the products I use (hygiene or house-hold cleaning) and I haven't really gone anywhere new.  BF thinks I'm allergic to going back to work... could be!  We know for sure it's not the dog since I got the rash a few days before we got the dog.  I called and spoke to the advice nurse at my doctor's office and he said to come in if it starts spreading or doing odd things (flaking, bleeding, getting hot, etc) but he thinks it's just contact dermatitis. Contact dermatitis is when you get hives from something you are allergic to and then it stays even after you've gotten away from the allergen.  You can get it from touching something you are allergic to... like perfume or lotions. YAY!  It's going away but SUPER SLOWLY, so everyone thinks I'm terrible at doing my make up because it looks like I let a three year old put fuschia blush on my face in random spots!  I keep taking my temperature because the last time I got a rash like this I had scarlett fever (not fun),but everything seems to be normal.  Hopefully I'll figure it out soon and the rash will go away.

Happy Monday!

No comments: