Monday, January 24, 2011

Too Big is Better Than Too Small, Right?

I bought a really nice pair of jeans online this past fall.  I knew they'd be a little tight but I also knew I was going to start getting back in shape and lose a few pounds.  When they arrived I tried them on and they fit in length and waist, but the legs were SUPER TIGHT and the behind was a little snug.  I was sad, but since they were so nice I figured I'd keep them instead of returning them.

Today I decided that I would try those nice jeans on since I've lost som weight and tightened up.  They totally fit in the legs and butt!  However, now the waist is a little to big. 

I feel like this happens a lot, I find jeans I like, try them on and find that the cut is just no made for my body type. I've tried many different styles and cuts of pants, but the only things that seem to fit me well are old lady jeans and I hate that.  I think it's because I'm curvy but modest.  The super low rise jeans fit me well, but I don't want to have to worry about what's showing when I bend down .  I also have an irregular length- 33", so regular length pants are usually just slightly too short while the long lenghts are just a tad too long (because I've found that most inseams are 31-32" for regulars and 34"-35" for longs). 


So today I'm wearing a longer shirt to hide that my awesome jeans are too big in the waist, but they look really nice everywhere else.

If anyone has a favorite brand that fits them well, let me know!  I'm game to try anything. 

I won't be buying any new jeans yet (until I reach the goal weight), but it doesn't hurt to start looking and planning ahead!

No comments: