Monday, January 31, 2011

What A Weekend

I needed a cheat meal SO BAD last week, so Friday night BF and I went to Chevy's and I had some amazing mexican food.  After our lovely dinner we met up with friends at Big Al's and played arcade games and cashed our tickets in on some funny things.  It was a much needed fun night and the perfect ending was the waffle cone of birthday cake ice cream, complete with sprinkles and ribbons of blue frosting mixed in.  I was in heaven.


Saturday morning came and BF still was not feeling well- he hasn't been feeling up to par for about 2 weeks.  I think I fought off this cold-thing two weeks ago while BF's kind of hung around. His throat has been bothering him, but he's not running a fever so we know it's not strep.  We ran errands and sort of cleaned around the house.  The dog jumped on my face (not intentionally) and gave me a fat lip, so I look ridiculous right now because the swelling hasn't completely gone down.  When BF and I sat down for dinner I got a text message from my mom asking me if I would go to the ER with her.  I HATE it when she does that!  If there's an emergency I want a call, not a freaking text message, but oh well.


Anyhow, so we raced around the house and packed an emergency bag with snacks, books, etc as we didn't know what was going on and I called my mom back.  They thought my dad was having some heart problems so the doctor advised them to go to the hospital immediately to have an EKG and labs done. 


We picked up my mom (my dad got an abulance ride) and rode out to Clackamas.  It was nerve-wracking AND boring, (if that's possible) to wait in the ER waiting room.  We were only there for a few hours but being there at all was mostly crappy.  Turns out my dad tore a muscle in his back, but the pain was in an area that they use as a red flag for heart attacks, etc.  I'm glad they took the precaution and did their due diligence at the hospital to see what was going on, but I'm mostly glad my dad is ok and it's just a muscle tear, not a more serious problem.


After that drama BF and I went home and crashed!  Sunday was a boring catch up day for laundry and what not.  BF is feeling much better, my lip swelling is going down and I'm down a total of 8 lbs since the beginning of the year!  That averages to about 2 lbs per week which is just right.  I am aiming to get to an intensive cardio class this week so hopefully that will help with a few extra lbs!

No comments: