Monday, January 3, 2011

It's 2011, and I've Got 2011 Things on My To Do List

Holy Moly, where did December go?  Last time I posted I was getting ready for Disneyland and Christmas and all of that seems like it happened months ago. 


I haven't even uploaded our Disneyland trip pictures and I was terrible and didn't take a single Christmas photo.  I should back up and tell you how everything went in Disneyland and Christmas, but I think I'll save that for a separate post with pictures so you get the full effect.
Anyway, so I've got that to do.  And I've got to get started on my Bikini Body that I've resolved to have this year.  I got close last year and then I let work and life craziness get in my way and slow me down.  Not this year.  Which reminds me that I have to post my WMM info here for the ladies.  This is a site where a few of my friends post their fitness goals and pictures and we can track how well we are doing.  Most of the girls already have their pics and measurements up but I didn't even think about it until this morning.


Besides having an insanely long list of things to get done in 2011, we have a few fun things going on as well!

Tomorrow we get a new member of the family, Rudy!  He is a toy American Eskimo/Maltese/Yorkshire terrier mix puppy.  BF found him online because we were devastated that the dog we liked at the Oregon Humane Society had been adopted.  Initially I had seen a story on the news about how OHS got a bunch of dogs and cats from a California shelter as part of a second chance program.  We waited until they were available and then found out that they had gotten a Scottish Terrier, which is what we wanted, as well.  So we made our way to OHS last Thursday to see the dogs and found that the scotty had a couple of holds on him, but animals can only be held for a day, so if they people didn't show up to adopt him before the next day he would be available.  We looked around and found a few other puppies we liked, including a terrier mix puppy.  You cannot put puppies on hold and they weren't available that day because they had just been spayed an neutered so we figured we would come back on Friday as soon as OHS was open.  Everyone else had the same idea as well and it was super busy.  We found out that the scotty we wanted AND the puppy we wanted had been adopted, so we went home bummed out and chalked it up to fate.

We couldn't get the puppy/dog idea out of our head so we looked online at other shelters to see what was out there.  There are a ton of big dogs, but not a lot of smaller dogs so no luck.  Then late on Friday afternoon BF found him in the Oregon classifieds online.  We called the owners to see if he was still available and he was!  They emailed us pictures and home videos of him and the rest of the litter and we were IN LOVE.  BF and I told the owners that we would take him and arranged to have him brought up to us on Tuesday (this coming Tuesday).  The rest of the weekend was spent shopping for necessary puppy supplies and keeping it mum from the parents.  We want to surprise them on Tuesday night and take him over for a visit.

Pictures will DEFINITELY be posted of our new baby Rudy.

Happy 2011! 

No comments: