Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What the What? It's Only Wednesday...

Are you kidding me?  Slowest week ever.  Probably because I'm feeling the effects still of no sugar and treats, but whatever.

I'm getting tired quickly this week, so I better figure out something to get me out of this funk. 

This morning I think the dog got confused.  You see, we always give him a little treat when we take him out to go potty and he goes; you know, to reinforce that he is doing something good when he goes outside and not in the house.  This was working.  And then the dog was playing with his toys and I wasn't paying too much attention (mostly because I had JUST TAKEN HIM OUT 10 minutes earlier) and he comes running up to me all excited and barks and then jets off to the living room.  I was walking to the living room anyway and he had this cute excited look on his face and runs to a... spot... on the floor and looks at me and then looks at the spot, then back at me, as if to say, "Look how awesome I am!  Give me a treat for being so AWESOME!".  And wouldn't you know that he went potty on the carpet.  Are you joking? He definitely thought that he was getting a treat JUST for going potty, not going potty OUTSIDE.  We'll get there.  He hasn't had too many accidents anyway, but I was a little disheartened because I thought he was doing so well.  He is, but, you know... cleaning up puppy potty always puts me in a mood.

On the Biggest Loser competition front at work... I had lost the most weight in the first week until our last person weighed in.  UGH!  But, to be fair, that person has far more weight to lose than I and is also a guy so the weight loss ratio is a little skewed in his favor.  Whatever.

But I've successfully made it to the gym according to my schedule and I've been eating perfectly to my plan (which is why I'm a little grumpy and tired).  Not that I'm not getting enough calories, but I'm getting them from fresh healthy foods instead of bread and sugar.  Again, not that I was just eating bread and sugary things... but ... yeah.

Also, we didn't get any lasting snow.  What is going on, Oregon?  No white Christmas, no crazy snow storms.  I just want a snow day or two. 

So it's Wednesday and I feel like it should be Friday, or at least Thursday afternoon, but here we are.  I hope everyone else's week is progressing nicely.

No comments: