Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It All Started Yesterday...

I was all happiness and love and rainbows last week because I weighed myself and found that I had lost 4 whole pounds, plus we had Rudy to play with plus I was eating healthy and sticking to my exercise routine.

The weekend wasn't so bad.  I was fighting off some sort of bug and had a sore throat and body aches for most of Saturday, but I still went to the gym and ate well.  Sunday and Monday were errands days and we took Rudy to his first vet appointment.  He is healthy and everything went well (except for a fecal sample, which apparently he didn't have anything to give them so we have to collect one and bring it to them, FUN!). 

Yesterday was MLK Jr. Day so neither BF or I had to work!  SLEEPING IN!  WORKING OUT!  MOVIES!  It was going to be an awesome day.  Then when I actually woke up I felt all yucky and bloated and... get ready for TMI... I started my period.  Don't ask me how I forget that these things happen, but I do sometimes and so I was instantly in a bad mood.  Then I decided since it was Monday morning I would weigh myself and wouldn't you know after another week of eating PERFECTLY and working out PERFECTLY I had lost... nothing.  I was still down only the 4 lbs from the previous week.  ARE YOU JOKING?  I almost cried.  But BF tried to console me and told me that usually your body will average your weight loss to about 2lbs a week (which I knew, but come on, I AM superwoman and my body can lose 10 LBS A WEEK!!!!) and that I probably had lost weight but water weight from my Lady Days could be putting me back up to my previous weight.  He's so sweet.  I still felt like crap. 

Then, great news, I found out that two different couples I know got engaged.  This is awesome news!  I'm so happy for them and I'm excited I get to go to their weddings (hopefully) which are sure to be amazing.  Other people heard the great news and then we'd talk about it and they'd inquire, "So when are you getting engaged?" which is a perfectly reasonable question and I'd have to answer that I don't know and that nothing has been planned and I'm pretty happy with the way things are now so no rush.

... and then it carried over and started happening at work...

Everyone today has been asking me, "So... when are you and BF getting engaged?  You guys got a dog together... that means you are going to get MARRIED!!!" and I'm all like, "How does a dog equal marriage?  And what? Why is everyone on this bandwagon?"

Seriously, about 3 times in the span of an hour this morning I've been asked about it.  It didn't bother me at first, but now it's bothering me and it also makes my head do one of those, "Oh wait, why aren't we engaged?  Why is everyone else engaged?  I'm NEVER GOING TO GET MARRIED BECAUSE I'M SO LAME!" crazy girl-thought things that happens when you are a Crazy Girl on her Lady Days. 

When I'm in my right frame of mind I don't even really think about being engaged because I know it will happen when it's supposed to and when I'm ready for it.  I know that.  BF knows that.  I'm not worried. 

People, stop asking me dumb things because I don't think I can handle it this week. 

Also, the weirdy rash on my chest is still there.  Did I tell you about this?  I think I did, but to refresh the memory I got this odd rash thing when I got the strange face rash (which is now mostly gone) a few days before we got Rudy.  Maybe it's from the humane society?  I'm thinking they HAD to be from petting and playing with the puppies there because that's really the only "new" or different thing I came into contact with.  Anyway, it's not so itchy anymore and I think it's going away, but I'm bombarding my body with all sorts of remedies to "cure" rashes.

I'm tired.  

Think positive thoughts:  I will lose 2 lbs this week.  I will be sane.  I will continue to eat to my healthy plan.  I will make it to the gym for my workouts.  I will get enough sleep each night.

No comments: