Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Because It Probably Won't Ever Happen...


I want Danny DeVito to conduct my wedding ceremony. No, seriously I do.




I had this idea the other night. I was flipping through the channels trying to find something awesome to watch when I came across a cake show. In this show they were making a wedding cake and they were talking about how the bride and groom also invited their favorite actors to their wedding even though they didn't know them. I have no idea if the actors attended the wedding because frankly I could care less and I found something better to watch.


Later I mentioned to BF that I think it would be hilarious if I invited Danny DeVito and his wife Rhea Pearlman to my wedding one day (whenever it happens). He agreed and then I didn't think much of it until I was watching Jay Leno the other night and this couple wanted Jason Segel to officiate their wedding ceremony so they found out where he lived and blanketed the neighborhood with flyers that said, "Jason Segel, will you marry us?". So at first he thought they were crazy, but then they showed up at the bar that he liked to frequent and they got to talking and it turns out they weren't crazy, they were just a fun couple who thought it would be cool to have him officiate their wedding. So Jason Segel said yes, was certified by the Universal Life Church to officiate, and then he set it up so he could do it on the Jay Leno show.


Now, I don't really want to get married on television or get any publicity for it, but I really think that having Mr. DeVito officiate my wedding would be awesome. That's right, I want Danny DeVito to officiate my wedding. That way I know I wouldn't cry (I get happy weepy at weddings) because I'd be so excited I would forget. Also, it would be super memorable. And of course he would have to bring Rhea.


I've had a few friends married by the same officiant, and while the guy is good he wouldn't be as good as Danny DeVito.


Why him? Well, BF got me watching this show "Always Sunny in Philidelphia" which is a freaking riot. Danny plays the dad in the show and I don't even have the words to describe to you how messed up that family is, but hilariously so. One of our favorite episodes is when Danny's character, Frank, is sewn into the couch at someone's party so he can overhear a conversation. It get's so hot inside of the couch that he pushed through the seams and writhes out of the couch naked and drenched in sweat. It's as if the couch has just given birth to this weird old guy. Then he gets up and sort of hobbles away. We laughed so hard we cried. Plus, the other characters in the show continually wear awesome t-shirts. He's totally my favorite character.


Anyway, I had to get that out just in case. If it happens, you will know that it's been a dream of mine instead of being completely confused as to why Mr. DeVito is not only at my wedding, but in it.


You know, just in case.

No comments: