Friday, July 9, 2010

Schizophrenic Posting

I have all of these ideas today on what to blog about, but nothing substantial enough to count as an entire post, so I've decided to post it all in one big schizophrenic, bi-polar, narcissistic post.

Can you handle it?


It's Friday which means a few things:
1. It's pretty much the weekend.
2. I only have to work until lunchtime today.
3. There's a BBQ at work for lunch.
4. I don't have to think about work for 2 whole days.


I read my friend Dani's blog this morning which made me really happy. I always like reading about her and her husband Mike because they live in Utah and we don't get to talk all that much and I miss her, so reading about their adventures lets me know that she's doing well. The only thing I don't like is that for some reason I cannot comment on her dang blog. I click on the comments link and then it just refreshes the page. They've added me as a follower, etc but still I cannot comment. So I have all of these ideas about what she's blogging about but I have to email them to her or wait to tell her which sometimes KILLS me. Oh well.


It's still a million degrees outside. It's only supposed to get to 93 today, according to the old weather guy. I'm still waiting to get my airconditioning in my car until next week, so I'm not driving much. I guess that's a good thing becuase it cuts down on my gas expenses, cuts down on emissions, and also keeps me from going shopping too much.


BF got an email yesterday from Beaverton School District saying that one of the positions he applied for had already been filled. We're hoping that he gets a call for an interview soon. I hate this waiting game. I also hate the application system for school districts here in Oregon. It seems like schools don't know really what positions they have open until right before school starts, and then it takes like a month for the HR folks to filter through applications and start the interview process. I've talked to some of my teacher friends who say that they applied and applied all summer and then didn't get interviews until two weeks before school was supposed to start and then only had a week to plan a WHOLE SCHOOL YEAR once they were hired. YUCK. There has got to be a better way to do this.

Also, I'm sort of fed up with everyone saying "The state is pretty much bankrupt!". How in the hell is that possible? Every time I see how much of my paycheck goes to the damn state I get a little upset. And then what are they spending it on? We need some good business minded folks in state offices instead of politicians to get this mess straightened out. I don't care about your humanitarian efforts, I want you to figure out how to spend our tax dollars correctly so that we aren't bankrupt and cutting teaching jobs and closing down schools.

I'm not super liberal (I'm not super conservative either), but I really do think that we should legalize marijuana already and tax the crap out of it. It's not any worse than alcohol, and at least this way we will make some much needed revenue for the state. And we would cut down on some of the more bogus drug charges that clog up our courts and jails. Do we really need to throw that 19 year old slacker in a detention center because he was smoking a joint? We don't throw those idiot 21 year olds puking on the sidewalk and yelling incoherent insults at passersby outside of bars in jail. I'm just saying. REVENUE. Think about it.


On a completely different note- I started taking these vitamins a month or so ago, just some pack of women's multivitamins and my nails are growing like CRAZY. I used to be a nail biter. I just can't stand it when my nails go past my fingertips for some reason. Now that I don't bite my nails, I'm having to file them or clip them every couple of days to keep myself from wanting to start biting them again. I don't know how people grow long nails and like it. Back when I was quitting the nail biting thing I started taking biotin ( a b-vitamin that helps with your skin, hair and nails) so that my nails would grow faster and I even put cuticle oil on them every night to help moisturize them. I stopped because it seemed like it wasn't doing a thing. Now that I'm not trying they are growing at an insane rate. I don't hate it enough to quit taking my vitamins, but enough to want to rant about it a little.


Also I hate it when you used to be really good friends with someone and then you somehow fall out of touch despite your best efforts to stay in touch (ie: emails, voicemails, Facebook messages, etc) and then you find out that your friend is complaining to other people that you aren't a good friend anymore and have changed and blah blah blah. Apparently they weren't a good friend to begin with. Or they are upset about something out of your control but aren't adult enough to discuss it with you. That's pretty awesome. OR they stop calling you because of events that happened forever ago that made social situations a little awkward but it's been almost a year so people should be over it by now because I am, but apparently the other party is not so the third party of friends are still a little nervous. It also makes me sad for these "friends" because they are now missing out on a pretty great year that I'm having and it'd be nice to celebrate that with them. I'm not writing them all off yet, but I'm slowly having to find other friends because a girls gotta have friends.

...


The gym plays the WORST MUSIC EVER. I don't know who picks the tracks, but I cannot stand them so I bring my iPod to the gym with me every day. I went to the gym when it opened this morning and found that they play even worse music in the morning. At least in the afternoon it's stuff that has a good tempo, but the morning music was stuff that I thought would put me to sleep like Sade, John Mayer, and Enya. Not that I don't like that sort of music, just not when I work out. I wonder if I write them a letter they will do something about it? I know the gym employees don't pick it because it's a chain and they have advertisements playing inbetween tracks so I'm guessing the gym's corporate offices has someone who picks tracks and puts them on a cd that all of the gym locations must play.


I'm going to end on a positive note. Below is a list of things that have made me super happy today:

1. Old Ladies at the gym at 5 am wearing swim caps with flowers on them.
2. Dani's updated blog.
3. It's Friday.
4. It's Sunny.
5. I got a great parking spot at work.
6. I only have to stay until lunch time.
7. I got a tan while outside the other day and today I look all bronze and summery.
8. I've gotten many compliments on my sundress today.
9. I'm wearing purple patent leather Birkenstocks.
10. I got most of my work stuff done before 9:30am because I got to work so early.
11. I've already been to the gym so I don't have to do it later when I'm tired and hungry.
12. My arms looks AWESOME.
13. I get to see BF at lunch for the BBQ.
14. Despicable Me comes out in Theaters today.

No comments: