Monday, July 12, 2010

Das Wochenende

My weekend was pretty good. I really didn't do a whole bunch. I take that back, I did stuff but it was mostly inconsequential things.

Friday afternoon, after the work BBQ and such, I went home, threw laundry in the wash and then went to the gym. Nach der Gymnasium, I went home and took a 3 hour nap. It was awesome. Consequentially I was ten minutes late for BF's softball game, but it was alright. The weather was perfect so I enjoyed the game and sitting in the sun. After the game we went home and showered the softball field dust off and put our party clothes on because one of BF's cohort friends was having a birthday party. We ventured downtown to the Gypsy and were entertained by the masses of inebriated karaoke singers. It was hysterical. Because BF and I are old people we left shortly after 11:30pm and went home and went to bed. Also, I ate a whole plate of onion rings and it was great.

Saturday I got up, made breakfast, went to the gym, and then came home and wanted to die because I was fighting a migraine. They sure do come out of nowhere. I felt totally fine at the gym and then afterwards I started feeling all headachy so I drank a ton of water thinking I was probably just feeling a bit dehydrated, but twenty minutes later I started getting that weird vision thing that happens when I get migraines and my eyes were getting super sensitive to light and I was getting pretty sensitive to any sound. I took some Advil and shut myself up in my dark, quiet bedroom with a pillow over my face. BF was doing whatever it is he does when we aren't together (which is quite a bit actually) and then was going to come over so we could go to dinner with my parents at Old Chicago. He let me know he was on his way over and I just lay in bed and groaned. I was tons of fun. I was watching the news while I was waiting for my headache to fade a bit more and this story came on the news that a small child died unexpectedly at a daycare and I realized as they showed the house I realized that I KNEW WHOSE HOUSE THEY WERE SHOWING. I was shocked right out of my headache and I felt SO BAD for that family. Not many details are known about the incident, but investigators are speculating that it was SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome) and my heart goes out to both the family of the baby and the family of the day care providers.

After regaining some of my functioning, BF and I went to eat pizza with my fam. I forgot how much I like pizza. Dinner made me feel somewhat better and so BF and I decided to see "Despicable Me" in 3D. And it was awesome. I think it's probably one of the funniest animated movies I've seen in a while. I will definitely be buying it on DVD when it is released.


Sunday I slept in until 10. I couldn't believe it. Then we watched the 2010 FIFA World Cup final and I about had an anxiety attack. So many yellow cards... so many missed opportunities... I was a little sad. But it was fun. BF had a softball game out in SE so we hauled our lazy butts out there and I sat in the warm sun trying not to fall asleep and eating some sweet green grapes.

It was a pretty good weekend, but I'm getting totally spoiled being able to spend so much time with BF. Since he graduated I get to see him almost every day. Can you believe that? It's insane. But that will end soon as he has another class starting this friday so I probably won't see him until next week. What to do with my weekend?

No comments: