Wednesday, July 21, 2010

OMG- PICTURES!

YEAH! I got my act together, and now I present to you PICTURES.

A Pipe Band taking the field



Their fancy piping and marching
I mentioned that we browsed the vendors' booths and found some pretty cool stuff.  This what the first vendor sight I saw when walking into the vendor booths.


Yes, those are capes...

But wait... it gets better...


What does that say?  Yep, that's what it says...

Moving along, they had fun things for my dad to look at including knives, swords, guns and more swords.

Guns and Swords

... and swords...



And more swords...


So that was fun for some folks, but I had a better time looking at these:


Yes, that's a table full of kilts.

I coveted the purple tartan... alas, I have two official family tartans that I should get before I get frivolous purple ones.


My mom and I discovered baby and toddler kilts, and then saw an adorable little boy wearing one... which started the conversation (on my mom's end) of, "When do I get grandkids to put in kilts?".


How wee it is!

Then I lost track of booths and started people watching... I will not post some of the more ridiculous pictures because I don't want to get nasty emails and comments.

Who says kilts aren't manly... or comfy on a hot day?  I'm not making any jokes here, as you will see when I post pics of BF in HIS kilt.

Yes, that'sa tartan prom dress with oriental style umbrella.  Notice the rennaissance fair lady standing next to her?


See... this guys looks comfy, and stuffed full of bangers, meat pies and haggis I'm sure.



And thus ended our adventure at the Highland Games... I'm definitely going next year.  I will not forget to take pictures of the highland athletic competitions where they try to throw a 96 lb. boulder or do the caber toss.

No comments: