Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fashion Woes




I wore plaid in the 90's, with ripped boy jeans and untied Doc Marten boots. And in case you haven't been out of your house this past year I should inform you that some people think that plaid is back.



Well, it is back, in a way, but mostly not fashionably so. I don't know if I can describe this new trend correctly, but some folks are getting right, and some aren't.


I like plaid. I sometimes wear something plaid, but I don't wear EMO plaid. That's different. I think it's fashionable to wear more retro/western style plaids really, like this:






I don't know, something about the smaller lines and the layering of multiple colors makes it more appealing to me. I also like the ones made with paper-thin material with delicate trim or slightly western styled trim because it has an understated casual sophistication about it.



But, as I stated earlier, plaid is back... with an emo vengence and it looks like this:



There are two colors there... black and purple. A lot of times it's black and one solid jewel or neon color. Don't even get me started on the asinine neon colors being used from the 80's right now. Anyone ever heard of "in moderation". Anyway...

I really have no idea why I hate this new style of plaid so much, but I do. And it's not just in shirts... they are using it for everything: tank tops, dresses, skirts... it's too much.

Alright, I just needed to get that out. Thanks.

No comments: