Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekendy

This weekend was the Oregon Brew Fest on the Waterfront.  It was the perfect opportunity to get outside and enjoy the sun... and also wear kilts. 

BF's friend, B, from Corvallis came up to hang with us.  We started the afternoon playing Wii Resort Golf, and then drove downtown to start the festivities.  It was 200 degrees out.  Actually it was like 95.  But still.


Double Fisting, in a Kilt


BF got lots of compliments on his kilt that day, and it even lead to a lady losing $10 on a bet... she bet her friend he didn't have anything on underneath, alas he did (like the modest young gentleman he is... lol).

B and BF told lots of fun stories of which I should have taken video, but it's probably good that I didn't because no one could understand them.  The only reason I do is that I've had practice deciphering the slurring and mumblings. 

Story Telling

Part way through the day we decided to get out of the heat and go to Kell's where it's airconditioned.  We were hoping for preferential treatment since we were wearing kilts, but, you know, it's Portland and no one there really noticed.

We ventured back to the fest after a couple of hours chilling in the AC, but didn't stay too much longer.


BF finishing his last one

After the fest we went to Mio Gelato over on 11th and I was in gelato heaven.  I got the 3 flavor dish with Pistachio, Chocolate and Amaretto gelatos.  MMMM, delicious.

Heat-weary and full we ventured home while BF and B told more stories and also came up with "ridiculously awesome" ideas... that BF consequently did not remember the next day when I brought them up.


Sunday was an awesome lazy day.  I woke up sort of early, but stayed in pajamas as long as possible.  BF had a softball game on the east side at 11am, so that meant he had to leave at 10am, so I respectfully declined and watched Harry Potter movies in my pj's and ate breakfast on the couch.  I cleaned the living room and took a cat nap and generally tried to stay indoors because it was sweltering outside again.  I made a lovely dinner of Jagerschnitzel, roasted potatoes, grilled asparagus and mushroom gravy for dinner.  It was the first time I'd ever made it, but I must admit it was pretty good.  It will be better next time, though.  And I'm making the mushroom cream gravy next time instead of the mushroom gravy... it was just too hot to eat creamy things last night. 

Now the weekend is over and I'm feeling pretty good about this week.  I now have to change subjects drastically because I forgot that I wanted to share something.

At work I've stopped taking the elevators as much as possible.  Firstly,  taking the stairs is better for you anyway.  Second, our work elevators scare me a little.  Sometimes they make funny noises or they get to the floor and then just pause for an extended period before opening the doors, and also, they "jump", even when it's only one person getting in or out.  So yes, I mostly take the stairs.  However, since I've been taking the stairs I've noticed that there is one stairwell that smells like feet.  It's super gross and I can't understand why it does.  No one is walking barefoot at work (eewww).  The stairwell is not close to any of the campus gyms, and it's not near any bathrooms or anything.  I've mentioned it to other people at work and some have noticed it as well.  I may start using the far-end-of-the-building stairwell instead.  It's at the opposite end of the building from me, but I'd rather use it and NOT smell feet. 

No comments: